Afi partners can add and manage their customers using a single Afi partner account directly from Afi Partner Portal. To get access to the partner program, you need to sign up at https://afi.ai/partners and go through (a very short) verification process.
There are three options how to add a customer to the partner portal:
- Share an onboarding link with a customer;
- install Afi application on behalf of a customer using admin credentials directly from the partner control panel;
- add existing customer account using customer ID.
Afi supports (simplified) onboarding flow with help of partner links. Partners can share personified onboarding link that contains a partner ID with the customer. Customers who use this link to install Afi service will be automatically added to the partner portal. If a partner configured custom branding, the branding settings will be applied to the onboarding link/installation process as well (e.g. the partner link URL, service URL domain and branding).
The onboarding link is available on the "+Customer" dialogue in the partner portal. The link is permanent, so it's safe to share it multiple times with different customers and integrate it into the onboarding flow on a partner website.
Please note that, when a customer is added by onboarding link or by ID, the system grants the partner with the minimal set of access rights to the customer account that includes billing management and basic monitoring capabilities, but doesn't allow to manage or access the backups. To grant the access, customer account administrator (a person who has set up the customer account) should login to Afi panel and enable the desired permissions at Configuration → Partner access tab (the screenshot below shows a case when no access is enabled yet).
Partner access permissions explained
Customer account administrator can enable partner access to their account and grant the following permissions to partner account administrators:
- Access to the system (read-only) - partner account administrators can go inside a customer account in Afi partner portal, can see the list of resources and their protection statuses, check backup activity, but can't manage or access the backups without additional permissions.
- Manage SLAs and initiate backup - partner account administrators are able to configure per-resource (User/Shared Drive/Sharepoint site/Team/etc) protection level (see Service → Settings → SLA for a full list of configured SLA policies) and manage auto-protection rules at Service → Protection → AAD groups or Service → Protection → Organizational units tab.
- Access to backup data - partner account administrators are able to browse backup data for all backups in a customer account, but can't export the data or preview email content without additional permissions.
- Preview email content - partner account administrators are able to preview email content in all backups in a customer account.
- Data export - partner account administrators are able to download backup data from all backups in a customer account.
- Recovery to another folder - partner account administrators are able to recover backup data to a separate folder/location inside a restore destination resource. This is the safest recovery option which guarantees that no data will be accidentally overwritten.
- In-place recovery - partner account administrators can trigger a recovery operation that restores all items (for example, emails/files) in a backup at the same paths where they were during a backup. This recovery mode should be used with caution as it will overwrite files if they have been changed since the point in time when the backup was done.
- Recover to another resource - partner account administrators are able to recover backup data in another resource. This option is enabled together with one of the options Recovery to another folder (default) or In-place recovery.
- View audit - partner account administrators are able to view audit log inside a customer account (history of export and recovery operations, system settings changes, etc).
- Manage apps - partner account administrators can enable Public API access in a customer account and manage API keys.
- Delete backups - partner account administrators can schedule a delayed deletion (deletion in 7 days) for backups in a customer account.
Please note that for security reasons partner account administrators can't manage access rights to a customer account on behalf of the customer unless they do it directly from customer account using customer account administrator credentials.
Install on behalf of a customer
If you have admin credentials from the customer's Google Workspace or Microsoft 365 domain, you can install Afi application directly from your Afi partner portal. To do that, please choose Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace option in "+ Customer" dialogue and then use the customer's domain administrator credentials to sign in and install the application. Once the installation is finished, you will be redirected back to your partner portal and will see the newly added domain among the other customers' domains.
When you use this installation method, the system grants maximum access right to the customer's domain to the partner (see screenshot below for a full list of permissions granted in such cases). Partner administrators will be able to manage backup configuration and account settings as well as access and recover customer data. Access to the system can be revoked at any time by the customer at Configuration → Partner access tab.
Add a customer by Customer ID
If you don't have admin credentials to the customer's domain, you can ask the customer to install Afi service themselves (see the Installation Guide, it takes 1-2 minutes to complete the process) and then link the customer account to your partner account with these steps:
1. Ask customer domain administrator to get Afi Customer ID from Service -> Configuration --> Service tab in customer's account.
2. Add the customer to your partner account using Customer ID:
Please note that, when a customer is added by ID, the system grants the partner with the minimal set of access rights to the customer account that includes billing management and basic monitoring capabilities, but doesn't allow to manage or access the backups. To grant the access, customer account administrator (a person who has set up the customer account) should login to Afi panel and enable the desired permissions at Configuration → Partner access tab. Please see Partner access permissions explained section for a full permissions list and their description.