Afi Partner Program members have an ability to rebrand Afi Backup service to provide the clients with natively looking web application customised specifically for your company. Branding options cover the entire offering - from domain and logos to notification emails and links.
To setup the custom branding, please prepare the following items:
- Company and Product name
- Service domain - domain name which your clients will use to connect to Afi Backup, for example, backup.<your-domain-name>. We strongly recommend to choose a subdomain of your main domain as a Service domain name as we fully and automatically manage the DNS zone associated with Service domain.
- Logo for white and dark background
- Links to your website, support board and other information resources for your clients
- Company website
- Terms of Service
- Knowledge Base
- Support email
Branding configuration includes several steps:
1. Go to Configuration -> Branding tab in Afi Partner Portal, click on Edit button and fill the branding information in the form, then click on Save button.
2. After branding configuration is saved, the application will show a set of DNS records which you need set up in your domain registrar.
If your Service domain is backup.<domain-name> then you will need to add 4 Nameserver DNS records with host backup pointing to the set of displayed NS servers (ns-cloud-<xx>.googledomains.com.). Below is an example of such DNS record configured in GoDaddy domain registrar:
When DNS records are set up on the domain registrar side, you can go back to the Afi Partner Portal and trigger verification of the Service domain via Verify DNS settings button. Generally it takes up to 5-10 minutes for the system to perform DNS verification so if your first verification attempt fails we advise to wait a bit and return later.
3. When domain verification is successfully completed, please open the url corresponding to the Service domain in a web browser and wait 5-10 minutes until HTTPS certificate issued for the domain is verified (for this short time period the browser will show the "Not secure" warning). In 5-10 minutes please refresh the page and it should show that the certificate is valid. At this step the branded domain is completely set up and ready to use.
When the branding is set up, you can start onboarding your clients at your Service domain. During onboarding the client is provided with branded UI and is automatically linked to the branding settings associated with Service domain. To enable branded UI for the clients registered before you have set up the branding configuration, please contact email@example.com.